Friday, November 8, 2013

Shotgun Reviews: Week of 11/6/13

Here is what I thought of my weekly stack of comics:

Superman Unchained #4 - I love the science behind the Wraith scenes. The ending leaves us with a ton of interesting questions.
Batman / Superman #5 - I didn't really see the purpose to the horizontal pages. Otherwise the story was cool and we get a totally different take on the Toymaker.
Green Arrow #25 - Writer Jeff Lemire does a great job drifting into Zero Year while keeping the series on-point. Even with heavy inking Andrea Sorrentino pulls out great facial expressions.
Green Lantern #25 - Billy Tan draws some of the most creative constructs I've seen in a while. Robert Venditti also provides some interesting moral quandaries.
Swamp Thing #25 - I pumped my fist to what I thought was the climax of this issue. A few pages later I hung my head in sorrow.
Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger #13 - This issue bounces to a bunch of different places but it never gets confusing.
Forever Evil #3 (of 7) - All of the pieces are coming into place and you can start to see the showdown that Geoff Johns is setting up.
Alex + Ada #1 - The art is beautiful but the story is very subtle and so little happens that this feels boring.
Drumhellar #1 - We get some really interesting visuals and characters but the story is really confusing and hard to follow.
Protectors Inc. #1 - This feels very generic. It feels like the best aspects of the story have already been explored in a half dozen other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment